This instrument is designed and made as per T0604-2011 Penetration
Test for Bituminous Materials in JTG E20-2011 Specification and
Test Methods of Bitumen and Bituminous Mixture for Highway
Engineering and ASTM D5 Standard Test Method for Penetration of
Bituminous Materials. It is used to determine the penetration of
pavement petroleum asphalt, modified asphalt, liquid petroleum
asphalt and emulsified asphalt. It is also suitable to test solid
particle, powder, colloid and raw-food materials such as cheese,
glycine, butter, cream and leavening. It can be widely used in food
industry, highway engineering and other industrial fields.
Main technical features
1. The needle holder is designed novelly. It can be moved
vertically and adjusted roughly and finely without measurable
2. It adopts novel heating design. The heating and temperature
measuring appliance is separated from water bath. Easy to operate.
3. Equipped with automatic temperature controller and high accuracy
temperature sensor, the temperature can be set conveniently and
control precision is high.
4. It adopts newly designed digital meter. The measuring data is
stable and reliable.
Main technical specifications
1. Measuring range： (0～600) penetration scale
2. Resolution： 0.01mm
3. Timing controller： 5s or 60s, can be setted at will，bias within
4. Heating power： 200W
5. Temperature control accuracy： 25℃±0.1℃ （Note: The ambient
temperature shall not exceed 20℃）
6. Temperature control mode： High accuracy digital temperature
7. Constant temperature bath： Hard glass bath
8. Stirring： Automatically stirred by magnetic stirrer
9. Standard needle： 2.5g±0.05g
10. Needle holder： It can be adjusted roughly and finely without
measurable frication to make the tip aim the sample conveniently.
11. Power supply：AC（220±10％）V, 50Hz