The instrument is designed and made as per national standard of
People’s Republic of China GB/T3554 Standard Test Method for Oil
Content in Petroleum Wax. It is suitable to determine the oil
content in petroleum wax, the congealing point of which is higher
than 30 ℃ and the oil content of which is not more than 15%.
The method is expressed as follows: Solve sample in the methyl
ethyl ketone and cool it to -32 ℃ to separate wax out. Filter it
and evaporate methyl ethyl ketone in the filtering liquid. Weigh
the residue and calculate the oil content in the wax.
Note: For some wax having oil content higher than 5%, if the oil
could not be completed dissolved in the methyl ethyl ketone, please
don’t use this instrument.
I. Main technical features
1. Independent cooling unit with 4 baths. Can do determination for
2 samples by group.
2. The wax melting bath and evaporator are designed as a unibody.
The lower part is wax melting bath. Temperature in bath can be
controlled and adjustable. The upper part is air bath evaporator.
The evaporation temperature is 35 ℃±1 ℃.
3. Digital temperature controller. The temperature control is
4. The flow rate from evaporator to sample can be detected by glass
rotator flowmeter. It can precisely control the flow rate as per
requirements of standard. The flowing time can be setted at will
5. Desktop structure and newly design. Reasonable structure and
easy to use.
II. Main technical specifications
1. Power supply: AC 220V±10%, 50 Hz
2. Temperature control of wax melting bath: room temperature~90 ℃±5
3. Temperature control of cooling bath: -35 ℃±1 ℃
4. Evaporation temperature: 35 ℃±1 ℃
5. Flowing rate of blowing air (Total flowing rate of 4 nozzles):
6. Timing range: 0~60 min